Always consult an Herbalist! Please see our list of herbal resources below for more information.
Herbs are powerful medicine and should be treated that way.
Cascade Wellness is a member of Natural Standard and Consumer Lab. If you cannot find what you are looking for, feel free to contact us for a consultation.
Herbal Resources Organizations
- American Botanical Council – providing education using science-based and traditional information to promote the responsible use of herbal medicine
- Herb Society of America promoting the knowledge, use and delight of herbs through educational programs, research, and sharing the experience of its members with the community.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine Herbs at a glance
- American Herbalist Guild, a society of herbal practitioners
- Steven Foster – a great herbalist and photographer
- Christopher Hobbs – Eastern and Western Herbs, lots of great information
- Medline Plus
- Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Database
- United Plant Savers – Protecting native medicinal plants of the United States and Canada and their native habitat.
- Discover Herbs– publishers of The Herb Companion for information on cultivation and use, including recipes
- California Native Plants – Calflora provides information on wild California plants for conservation, education, and appreciation.
- Flower Essences
Schools of Herbalism
- Michael Tierra’s East West School of Planetary Herbology
- American Herbalist Guild list of schools
- Christopher Hobbs
- Med Herb – North American Institute of Medical Herbalism, Inc.
- Herb Society of America
- Seeds of Change – for organic seeds of all kinds. Now owned by Mars, watch for the small print on seed ownership and try new ways to get seeds.
- Elite Farmer Aims to disseminate information of use to people with small farms or rural property. Topics include seeds, crops, forage, flowers, fruit, fruit tree, herb, garden, shrubs, oil, vegetable and much more. Most documents are in pdf format.