Farm and Food Resources
Local Food Resources
- Leavenworth Farmers Market held June – Oct (stock up and save for winter)
- Sage Mountain Natural Foods
- Farmhouse Table
- Wenatchee Natural Foods
- Lemongrass Natural Foods
- Dragontail Kombucha
- Northstar Chai, a wonderful warming blend, great for the digestion. We carry it here too! Yum!
Local Farm Resources
- Gibbs Family Farm (509) 669.0159 ** organic chickens available starting in July 2010
- Local Grass Fed Beef from JoAnn Hutton
- Tierra Gardens (509) 548.4018 (CSA full for 2010) **
- Alpine Lakes Cheese **
- The Roots Farm (CSA available) **
- Grandma Garlic (509) 548-7380 (CSA available) **
- Farmhouse Table (CSA available)** available at Leavenworth Farmers Market
More Farming Resources
- Boer Meat Goats – Local Farm Of Tonasket Area. For More Information Call Darin at 509-486-1935 or 509-846-5989 Please Leave A Message
More Farm Resources
- Biodynamic Farming – sustainable farming
- Biodynamic Gardening – sustainable gardening
- World Watch Institute Vision for a Sustainable World
- Food Routes how far did your food travel?
- Local Harvest real food real farmers real community – find local food sources
- 100 Mile Diet what its like to truly eat local
- Food Miles and the true impact of your food traveling
- Environmental Working Group information on chemicals
- Fossil Fuel and your food from Sustainable Table
- Farmland LP – We acquire conventional farmland and convert it into certified organic farmland.
More Food Resources
- Grass Fed Beef on www.eatwild.com and AnimalWellfareApproved.org
- Grass fed beef online, as well as other well fed meats.
- Deck Family Farm
- Nourish where does you food come from
- Acai a really great fruit that tastes like blueberry chocolate, contains omega 3’s and is full of antioxidants
- Yerba Mate – A GREAT alternative to coffee. A tea from the rain forest full of antioxidants and vitamins, has been shown to lower your blood pressure , break down fat lowering cholesterol as well as anti-cancer effects.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Sustainable Table’s food additive information page
- Local Harvest where to find a farmers market or CSA near you
- The Cost of Eating Healthy Dr Mark Hyman on why eating quick cheep foods costs MORE