Sarah Piestrup, FNP, EAMP, Dipl OM
Family Nurse Practitioner, East Asian Medical Practitioner, Diplomate of Oriental Medicine
I am a passionate functional medicine practitioner who has full education and credentials in traditional Eastern and modern Western medicine. I fully integrate the best of modern science and ancient wisdom to treat the root of the problem and find the most effective forms of true healing.
I decided at age 15 that the best way to heal the world was to heal people. I started my medical career at age 16 working as a Vet Tech and training in Sweedish Esalen Massage. I moved on to become an RN in the year 2000, working in hospitals and emergency departments in California from Mammoth to San Francisco. Soon I knew that modern Western medicine was not enough.
I found the deepest strongest root and held on, graduating with a Masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine from Five Branches Institute in 2004. I immersed myself in the ancient wisdom and healing practice of acupuncture and herbal medicine for 9 years, but would find that modern science also played a roll and I needed lab work and the ability to adjust medications to get to deep healing.
I found Functional Medicine in 2010 and attended my first AFMCP. I was hooked. This is how I could integrate and the process was well designed with deep scientific roots. I continued to run my acupuncture and herbal practice while I simultaneously attended classes for Functional Medicine Certification, Masters of Science in Nursing and Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. It was intense but fully integrated and I found all the connections as I navigated focusing on each path as an integrated whole.
I graduated a Family Nurse Practitioner program with my MSN and was board certified as an FNP in 2013. I finished my Functional Medicine Certification in 2014 and I am still working on my doctoral dissertation for my DAOM program though classes are complete.
I now integrate Functional Medicine with Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine daily in my practice to find the best options for your healing.
Sarah licenses/certifications, include:
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP, ARNP)
- Certified Functional Medicine practitioner
- East Asian Medicine Practitioner (EAMP) / Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc)
- Diplomat in Oriental Medicine (Dipl. OM) from the NCCAOM which includes certifications in herbal medicine, Asian body work and acupuncture.
Sarah education includes
- Masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MTCM) from Five Branches University
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN), Family Nurse Practitioner, Graceland University
- Certified Qi Gong Instructor, Lee Holden
- Qi Gong & Chi Nei Tsang, Mantak Chia
- Jeffrey Yuen
- Zhu’s Scalp Acupuncture Program
- Golden Shield Qi Gong
- Facial Rejuvenation with Suzana Shen
- Cranial Sacral Therapy, Heartwood Institute